Dr Stoll Home | Dr Stoll BB
Posts to Ask Dr Stoll BB regarding
There have been a few posts to the Ask Dr Stoll Bulletin Board (BB) regarding
Fibromyositis/Fibromyalgia/Arthritis. Many of them have been archived here. The archive is roughly chronological. I hope you find it useful.
Fibromyalgia/Fibromyositis/Arthritis are all the same process--just at different stages. SO, the same approach that works for one will work for any other. The further the process has progressed, the more likely there will be permanent damage due to calcium deposits or actual erosion of bone.
So far, the best understood mechanism is due, directly, to total-body bracing and, indirectly, to Leaky Gut Syndrome [LGS] (secondary to bracing) triggering the autoimmune processes known by all to be related to these conditions. Go to the glossary and search engine for any unfamiliar terms.
The constant tension on the musculoskeletal system inevitably causes strain and inflammation of the connective tissues which, in turn, draws the immune complexes (produced by the peptide leakage from LGS) to those areas. Even calcium deposition tends to occur in areas of chronic inflammation.
Of course, the bracing ALWAYS comes from the storage of chronic fight or flight "readiness" in the hypothalamus.
The solution to any of these is to get rid of the bracing. In the long run (6-12 months) skilled relaxation (SR) is the only permanent solution. In the short run, Rolfing is the quickest relief and, combined with Feldenkrais or Alexander Technique, will give relief for a year or more. Even a series of deep, total-body, therapeutic massages will give almost immediate relief that will last for a month of so. It takes at least 3 a week for 2 weeks to get these kind of results.
Following the e/diet approach, to identify the most important peptides leaking--and eliminating them--will frequently give dramatic relief within a few days after eliminating the most bothersome ones (See Robert McFerran's information on the BB.)
For testimonials, by people who have resolved their problems in these areas, Look below.
THEN, if you still have questions, put them on the BB for others with the same questions to learn at the same time.
Walt Stoll, MD
Choose a thread of archived posts:
- July 18, 2006 - fibro symptoms return (5)
- October 28, 2003 - magnesium glycinate making me worse (14)
- October 21, 2003 - Fibromyalgia syndrome improved using a mostly raw vegetarian diet: An observation. TESTIMONIAL (3)
- September 04, 2003 - Epicondilitis/"Tennis Elbow" (2)
- July 13, 2003 - fibromyalsia and msg (5)
- March 17, 2003 - rabdomyolisis (5)
- December 17, 2002 - Does Blastocystis make this symptoms? (11)
- August 24, 2002 - Wellness path for FMS sufferers TESTIMONIAL (7)
- July 23, 2002 - fibromyositis (4)
- May 01, 2002 - Nutritional supplements for fibromyalgia (5)
- March 25, 2002 - Moducare for fibromyalgia? TESTIMONIAL (13)
- March 05, 2002 - Anyone been healed of FIBRO/CFS???? TESTIMONIAL (7)
- October 28, 2001 - fibromyalsia (9)
- September 02, 2001 - ovarian cyst??-PLEASE HELP (4)
- July 26, 2001 - effects of fibromyalgia? (9)
- May 21, 2001 - Liver Problems Fibromyalgia TESTIMONIAL. (5)
- April 29, 2001 - polymyalgia rheumatica (3)
- April 09, 2001 - Human Growt Hormone (9)
- April 01, 2001 - fibromyalgia (15)
- January 08, 2001 - Fibromyalgia(Severe Pain) To Stoll or Anyone (11)
- October 28, 2000 - Fibromyalgia (4)
- July 18, 2000 - Fibromyalgia/MPS/Abdominal Trigger Points and Diarrhea (14)
- November 12, 1999 - Re: GUAIFENESIN - From "The Fibromyalgia Advocate" (ARCHIVE) (2)
- August 04, 1999 - calf swelling (2)
- May 15, 1999 - Fibromyalgia (12)
- March 17, 1999 - GUAIFENESIN - From "The Fibromyalgia Advocate" (30)
- March 13, 1999 - Fibromyositis Options (26)
Dr Stoll Home | Dr Stoll BB