Human Genome Project Archives

New to Board, loved your book

[ Human Genome Project Archive ]
[ Main Archives Page ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ FAQ ] [ Recommended Books ] [ Bulletin Board ]
   Search this site!
 
        

New to Board, loved your book

Posted by Priscilla Creel on February 15, 2001 at 01:38:04:

Hello everyone. I have a question for the good doctor. I know theres some horrid stomach thing going around with aches, pains, chills, vomiting. It seems so many people get it every year, usually the same ones. I have a friend that Ive known for over 40 years and she has never caught this nor has her family. This cant be just luck. I know its weird to say but theyve never v'd, and I see these people everyday. Can they have supreme immune systems or something that fights everything off? I know theyve had colds, but thats it! Im jealous. Is there an explanation for this? Have you ever come across such healthy human beings?



Re: New to Board, loved your book (Archive in wellness.)

Posted by Walt Stoll on February 17, 2001 at 09:14:12:

In Reply to: New to Board, loved your book posted by Priscilla Creel on February 15, 2001 at 01:38:04:

Hi, Priscilla.

Welcome to the board! Thanks for your comment about my book. It was designed to get the reader to think in a different way so they can take advantage of the incredible new information now available via the internet--and in the world.

We ALL know people who never seem to get sick OR, if they do their "sicknesses" are always less serious and last much shorter than others. Just as we all know people who are always sick and have a lot harder time with anything than the rest of us.

There are 2 basic causes so far known: 1. Those who are "never" sick) live at the high end of the Bell Curve (genetically) of immunity or, 2. They have moved themselves up that curve by lifestyle choices. Those who are "always" sick are the opposite.

The human genome project is now saying that about 10% of chronic conditions are from genetic causes (Genotype) and the other 90% are due to what our life style choices MAKE of our genes (Phenotype). Just a year ago they were saying 25%-75%.

This BB deals with what one can do to improve the phenotype of the genotype we have inherited.

Hope this helps.

Walt



Re: New to Board, loved your book (Archive in human genome.)

Posted by Walt Stoll on February 17, 2001 at 09:14:46:

In Reply to: New to Board, loved your book posted by Priscilla Creel on February 15, 2001 at 01:38:04:

Hi, Priscilla.

Welcome to the board! Thanks for your comment about my book. It was designed to get the reader to think in a different way so they can take advantage of the incredible new information now available via the internet--and in the world.

We ALL know people who never seem to get sick OR, if they do their "sicknesses" are always less serious and last much shorter than others. Just as we all know people who are always sick and have a lot harder time with anything than the rest of us.

There are 2 basic causes so far known: 1. Those who are "never" sick) live at the high end of the Bell Curve (genetically) of immunity or, 2. They have moved themselves up that curve by lifestyle choices. Those who are "always" sick are the opposite.

The human genome project is now saying that about 10% of chronic conditions are from genetic causes (Genotype) and the other 90% are due to what our life style choices MAKE of our genes (Phenotype). Just a year ago they were saying 25%-75%.

This BB deals with what one can do to improve the phenotype of the genotype we have inherited.

Hope this helps.

Walt



[ Human Genome Project Archive ]
[ Main Archives Page ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ FAQ ] [ Recommended Books ] [ Bulletin Board ]
   Search this site!