Chronic Hives Archives

my son has chronic hives

[ Chronic Hives Archive ]
[ Main Archives Page ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ FAQ ] [ Recommended Books ] [ Bulletin Board ]
   Search this site!
 
        

my son has chronic hives

Posted by
Cookie on March 29, 2001 at 09:49:15:

Dr. Stoll,
My 10 yr old son has had chronic hives for almost 2 yrs. He has been
to dermatologists, allergists and the family md's several times. He has had a skin test done with the results of some
allergies on level one(I think that is how it is read). I have read your archives and haven't seen this question. He has tried everything from pecid, sinequan, atarax, steriod
pack, claritin, zyrtec and some others with no help. Some days he has no hives, and sometimes they are barely there but when he swims, exercise or gets a cold to where he's on
medication he breaks out awful. It also seems he's at the
point to where when we give him an antihistamine he breaks out worse. So now we don't know what to give him when he does get sick. In the last 6 months he has had broncitis 4 times and he can't seem to get better. I have also noticed he has bad breath. Have you come in contact with anyone who
gets hives worse with antihistamines? My 7 year old daughter
during my sons 2 yr hive problem has also had some reactions
to something? One night she woke up with a swollen lip and
we took her to the ER and they put her on some steriod medicine that cleared it up and not very often she will get
bumps that look like bug bites, she is on claritin everyday.
Could what they have be related? My sons father has had hives at one time and it cleared up when he took the steriod pack. I also have hypothyrodism, but never had any
skin reactions. I hope to have given enough information. Any
suggestions would be good? My son hasn't been tested for any
thyroid problems, most of his doctors seem to think he is too young. He will be 11 in may and is 5'2 1/2 and weighs
115lbs. Thank You
Cookies



Re: my son has chronic hives (Archive.)

Posted by Walt Stoll on March 31, 2001 at 07:43:43:

In Reply to: my son has chronic hives posted by Cookie on March 29, 2001 at 09:49:15:

Hi, Cookie.

First of all, what your conventional docs are doing is not working--or you would not be here asking a perfect stranger what to do.

Next, the solution to this will NOT be conventional medicine since we are taught to look at the "trees and not see the forest". Only 5% of "allergies" can be found by the conventional allergist. Those 5% are serum allergies and the other 95% are cellular hypersensitivities.

You will need to see a Clinical Ecologist! This problem will tend to get worse, as he gets older (NOT necessarily worse hives but more serious immunological problems) until the actual causes are dealt with.

See the glossary for any unfamiliar terms. Pay special attention to the archives for allergy, Clinical Ecology and about LGS.

Then, if you still have more questions, write again. As he gets well, please share your experiences with the BB.

Walt

Follow Ups:


Re: my son has chronic hives

Posted by Martha on April 01, 2001 at 21:59:32:

In Reply to: my son has chronic hives posted by Cookie on March 29, 2001 at 09:49:15:

The best way to find the cause of an allergy or hives is
elimination. Keep a record of everything you eat or come
in contact with and a record of when you get hives.
I got giant hives one day and the only thing I did different
that day was eat two Certs (a candy mint). That was the cause. My lips kept swelling and I found that chewing gum
(Wrigleys Gum any flavor) was causing them to swell. I stay away from these products and I don't get hives.
Good luck. Martha

Follow Ups:


[ Chronic Hives Archive ]
[ Main Archives Page ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ FAQ ] [ Recommended Books ] [ Bulletin Board ]
   Search this site!