FAQ: Before You Ask A Question
I want to ask a question, What should I do first?
- Many people ask questions that have been asked many times before. Dr Stoll's typical response is to request they do a Search, then ask again if they still have questions.Many never post again. Those that do usually ask specific questions that result in a much more productive dialogue.
- There are at least three things a potential questioner should do before posting their question.
- Refer to the articles on the Main Page. Dr Stoll has written articles about many popular subjects. See if he has already answered your question.
- Check the Archives. Some topics such as spinal fusions, acne/accutane, and glucosamine have been very frequently discussed. The Archives page lists the topics; you may find yours there. Skimming the archives may answer questions you didn't know you had.
- Do a Search of the Ask Dr Stoll website. See How To Use The Search Engine for more details.
- Another resource is the Links page. A quick review of the available links may lead you to another useful source of information.
I still want to ask a question - any tips?
- I'm glad you asked :) Here are some ideas that will help you get the most useful and timely answers to medical
- The more detail (medical history) you can provide, the better. Dr Stoll is an excellent speed reader, so don't worry about wasting his time with too many details.
- Mention whether you have already done the preliminary work above (reviewing articles, archives, and the results of the search) so he won't ask you to "do [that] and write again if you still have questions."
- Most Important: Note that Dr Stoll is a Health Coach, interested in helping you to help yourself. It is likely that he will give you some short term help but direct you to do more reading/research and to change your lifestyle (adding skilled relaxation, dietary changes, and regular exercise). Be prepared to accept some homework.
- Dr Stoll may suggest that you read his book. The only time he does that is when he believes the book is the least expensive way (in terms of time and money) to get the answers to the question asked. Dr Stoll sells his 200-page book at cost, and there are quite a few testimonials available on the BB and in the Archives. Please take a few minutes to read more information about the book before passing judgment.
Anything else I should know?
- For more information and tips on how to use the Bulletin Board, see How To Use The Bulletin Board and Troubleshooting the Bulletin Board.