Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update on my enlarged heart problem

Jo
January 16, 2012 10:33PM
I went to the cardiologist today to get checked and she took my blood pressure and it was way high. Over the 200 mark for the first number. Didn't tell me the exact number because I think she didn't finish doing it because the cuff was so tight and she knew it was hurting my arm. I think because I have fat arms (and everything else) they have problems getting a good reading but she knew it was over 200. Gave me some pills she had at the office and made me take one right then. Didn't worry too much about my enlarged heart, I guess because she knew it was because I am overweight with high blood pressure so she knows what probably caused it. I have to go back in a couple of days for some blood tests etc. She didn't do a stress test since my bp was way too high to do it. I have lost 2 lbs already since I went a few weeks ago to my regular doctor though so I was happy about that. I have a lot more to go though. Told me "no salt" but I know we need a little salt so I just won't be adding any to the food I eat and will cut way back. Anyway, I thought I would give you all an update, all the ones who might be interested. The ones who gave me prior advice. The blood pressure pills work, at least the diuretic part sure does! I asked her why my blood pressure was only 130/80 when I went to my regular doctor when all this started. She said the nurse probably wasn't getting a good reading and "probably faked it". Can you believe that!!?? I knew something wasn't sounding right when she said it was so low. I should have told the doctor to retake it. But I didn't realize I was lied to.
Subject Author Views Posted

Update on my enlarged heart problem

Jo 1678 January 16, 2012 10:33PM

Re: Update on my enlarged heart problem

AT 753 January 17, 2012 10:00AM

Jo 774 January 18, 2012 02:01PM

AT 837 January 18, 2012 03:22PM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 858 January 18, 2012 09:15PM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 775 January 17, 2012 07:07PM

Jo 766 January 17, 2012 07:24PM

ron 803 January 18, 2012 02:32AM

Jayne S 757 January 18, 2012 08:13AM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 779 January 18, 2012 10:18AM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login