Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sore throat

February 13, 2012 11:38AM
Hi claytonkuch,

When I have an ongoing sore throat, it is usually one of two things.

1) my body is fighting some kind of infection somewhere in my body. The remedy: extra rest and taking all kinds of natural anti-biotic/viral/inflammatories such as ester-C, fish oil, boswelia, ginger, and vitamin E. There are many others, google "natural anti-inflammatories."

2) I've been eating too much of a food I am allergic to (or just sensitive to. For me, it is usually cheese since I tend to overeat it.) . The remedy: stop eating that food. If you don't know what foods you might be reacting to, do an "elimination-provocation diet" whereby you stop eating one food for 7 days, then eat a bunch of it. Wheat and dairy are the foods most people are allergic to. Also common are corn, soy, eggs, shellfish, and nuts. Following the Perfectly Whole Foods Diet recommended by Doc Walt can also be helpful.

So it sounds to me like you have a chronic condition, and something in your lifestyle is causing it. It might also be other than the above but those are two likely bets.

Best wishes,
Jan

Co-author with Walt Stoll, MD of the book "Recapture Your Health"
Director, Stoll Foundation for Holistic Health
Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Nurse Aide
Subject Author Views Posted

Sore throat

claytonkuch 1790 February 12, 2012 11:24AM

ron 863 February 12, 2012 12:26PM

AT 831 February 12, 2012 01:13PM

Sapphire 780 February 12, 2012 03:11PM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 987 February 13, 2012 11:38AM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login