Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sprouted grain pasta

February 16, 2012 09:30PM
Hi Steve,

Maybe.

I'm REALLY getting into sprouted grains, beans, and seeds. They seem just as important as juice. Since I react to so many other foods, and these things are making me feel great, I'm beginning to believe that sprouted is the way nature meant us to eat them.

Ezequiel bread is made from sprouted grains and it is very good. Unfortunately they add extra gluten, but fortunately it's not very much and my body can handle it.

I'm thinking about buying a grain mill so I can make my own sprouted grain flour. I've asked our local Whole Foods Market -- they have a HUGE bulk section -- to try to find some of the same flour used in Ezequiel bread. I'd like to make some of my own breads and pizza crust, etc.

I'm hoping that someone else has tried this and would let me know how it is. Except for Tinkyada pasta, which is made from brown rice and brown rice bran, I have not found any other reasonable alternative grain flour. The pastas just don't work. I also tried making my own with my pasta machine, and failed miserably. yawning smiley(

Best wishes,
Jan

Co-author with Walt Stoll, MD of the book "Recapture Your Health"
Director, Stoll Foundation for Holistic Health
Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Nurse Aide
Subject Author Views Posted

Sprouted grain pasta

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 1590 February 15, 2012 01:24PM

silver fox 722 February 15, 2012 03:14PM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 850 February 16, 2012 09:30PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login