Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

benefits of sweet potatoes

January 09, 2019 10:01AM
[www.healthline.com]

I didn't eat sweet potatoes growing up, because the only ones I ever saw were those candied things at thanksgiving and they were WAY too sweet. Decades later, a visiting SIL said she was freezing on the street in NYC when she was a teen and bought a baked sweet potato from a street cart, just to warm her hands, but it smelled good, so she ate it. She introduced us to baked sweet potatoes- yummy. I've since also boiled them, and those are good, too. I cool the water I drain off them and drink it- it's slightly orange, so why waste it.

G.W. Carver proposed sweet potatoes and peanuts as a complete diet. Sounds good, but I'd probably throw in some greens, if I had that narrow a diet.

Lately, I've been finding some spaghetti sauces that have sweet potatoes instead of sugar in their ingredients. One brand is called 'simply ragu' I appreciate the innovation.
Subject Author Views Posted

benefits of sweet potatoes

chimi 148 January 09, 2019 10:01AM

Re: benefits of sweet potatoes

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 69 January 12, 2019 05:51PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login