Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: life expectancy

January 12, 2019 05:57PM
Thanks Chimi,

Interesting article. I lived with a Chinese family for a while; the Chinese think that the normal life span of a human life is 120 years. That's pretty close to what this article says. Although the Chinese lore holds that many of the ancient Taoists went up to the mountains and lived for 500 years, by being away from the stress of society.

This is a really good quote from the article: "Doctors can’t cure many chronic diseases. But they can keep people dying longer."

What I see at the nursing home is that they are able to keep people more comfortable as they die. That is not a bad thing.

I was talking to someone recently who told me, if you can make it through 60 to 70, you've gotten past heart disease and diabetes, the big killers, and you'll probably live quite a bit longer. Then if you can make it past 90, you are really strong and can usually make it to 100.

I don't know if that is true but it kind of makes sense and is kind of interesting.

Best wishes,
Jan

Co-author with Walt Stoll, MD of the book "Recapture Your Health"
Director, Stoll Foundation for Holistic Health
Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Nurse Aide
Subject Author Views Posted

life expectancy

chimi 124 January 10, 2019 09:55AM

Re: life expectancy

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 59 January 12, 2019 05:57PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login