Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: lighten up- contrast and camouflage and survival

March 09, 2019 10:41PM
Hi Chimi,

Before I bought my last car, I learned that the cars that get in fewer accidents (and also get more tickets) are RED or WHITE. So I bought a white car.

Also I can definitely tell the bicycle riders in Boulder who are over 50 (and some of the smart young ones). They are wearing fire-engine red clothing, or neon yellow which seems to be the latest fashion trend in safe apparel. If they are smart and it is the slightest bit hard to see (before and after sunrise, sunset, or bad weather days), they use blinking lights in the front and back of their bikes. So that cars can see them.

Also I read that it's a good idea to use neon or reflective socks or shoes, because drivers see what is moving and your pedaling with the neon (movement) is more easily seen than just wearing it.

I probably look pretty silly when I ride, but I go on one very fast street and I want to be sure drivers see me. I have neon green gaiters, a fire-engine red jacket, yellow panniers, and I have two blinking lights in back, one on the bike and one on me. (Definitely two blinkers are easier to notice!). The result is I do see drivers moving over to the left side of the lane to pass me. That is good.

Best wishes,
Jan

Co-author with Walt Stoll, MD of the book "Recapture Your Health"
Director, Stoll Foundation for Holistic Health
Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Nurse Aide
Subject Author Views Posted

lighten up- contrast and camouflage and survival

chimi 28 March 07, 2019 12:44PM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 13 March 09, 2019 10:41PM

chimi 14 March 11, 2019 10:48AM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login