Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to remove plantar wart

March 09, 2019 10:34PM
HI Everybody,

I'm finally getting around to this.... trying to remove a wart from my foot. It's been burned over and over and doesn't come off that way. I've also tried a lot of wart removal products. I was going to try hydrogen peroxide food grade but I bought this bottle of bloodroot and it's easier to apply so I'm going to try that first.

[thenewlighterlife.com]

This article has pictures which showed how it works.

JULIE
How to Remove a Plantar Wart ~ Home Remedy
One thing that can be a burden while living on the road is dealing with routine medical care.

In the case of an emergency, you go to the hospital.

For non-emergency issues, we try to treat the problem at home before heading to the doctor. So when our Eva had a plantar wart on her big toe, I sought out a home remedy to remove it.

I dreaded the thought of bringing her to the doctor to have her wart frozen off. If you’ve never been fortunate enough to have a plantar wart frozen, you just don’t understand how painful the process is.

Aside from the standard over-the-counter wart medication, I came up empty handed….until I remembered Black Salve.

How to Remove Plantar Warts at Home

Black Salve
I remembered some of my friends posting nasty looking pictures of suspicious moles removed by using black salve. I couldn’t find anything about using it on plantar warts. Since I read that it works on regular warts, I decided to go for it and try removing her plantar wart.

The main ingredient in Black Salve is bloodroot, some people are not comfortable using bloodroot (which is an herb). Since she wasn’t going to be ingesting bloodroot and we were going to be using it very short term, I decided the risk was insignificant. The black salve I bought was through Virxcan.

Now keep in mind should you scroll down, this isn’t pretty but it’s about Eva’s wart and it’s death. Trust me, don’t Google “black salve moles.” It’ll make you woozy because it looks so completely nasty while the salve does it’s job, but it’s effective.

My pictures are not nearly as graphic but consider yourself forewarned.

Below is a picture of Eva’s plantar wart through the course of a couple months. A couple months?! Yes, it took that long and I’ll tell you why, but first the pictures…

Wart before black salve

It doesn’t look bad right? I didn’t think so either, but that little bugger is definitely there.

Plantar Wart with Black Salve Applied

The above picture is of Eva’s wart after treating it with black salve for a few weeks.

plantar wart falling out after black salve

Above was as bad as it got, but truth be told, I was concerned at this point! I though the wart was possibly growing and I considered calling her pediatrician to get it frozen off. I called my friend instead and had her look at it. She agreed, it looked big and like it was worse.

Plantar wart removed with black salve

The last picture above is the view right after the wart had come out. The skin you see was scabby skin that eventually fell off. Her toe is now smooth and there is no evidence of her ever having a wart.

Black Salve Process for Plantar Warts
How did I do it? Here was the general procedure I followed…

Dabbed a small amount of black salve on wart.
Covered with a tiny square of gauze.
Duct taped gauze onto toe.
Checked after a day or 2.
Washed.
Repeat step 1-5.
The reason it took me a couple of months to get rid of her wart is because sometimes there was a lag between step 5 and 6 of about a week. I was guessing at this and at times I wasn’t sure it was working. I didn’t want to overdo the black salve either and cause her big toe permanent damage.

Final Thoughts
The plantar wart looked MUCH worse right before it fell off.
There is no scar or emotional trauma from the black salve.
She did complain of pain at times, maybe from the salve, maybe the wart but it didn’t seem to be unbearable pain.
Eva’s toe is completely healed up and she is wart-free.
Black salve was less than our insurance co-pay and we have enough to treat 40 plantar warts if need be.

Hmmm I see some people removed their warts using apple cider vinegar. And duct tape. I tried the duct tape, didn't work.

Wish me luck!

Best,
Jan

Co-author with Walt Stoll, MD of the book "Recapture Your Health"
Director, Stoll Foundation for Holistic Health
Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Nurse Aide
Subject Author Views Posted

How to remove plantar wart

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 25 March 09, 2019 10:34PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login