Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thyroid problems - HELP!

March 17, 2012 09:19PM
Hello everyone - I finally found the new board.

I recently had an ultrasound which showed multi-nodules on my thyroid. The Endocrinologist is scheduling me for a FNA biopsy because he says there is some calcium showing on the ultrasound. I have noticed the nodule for many years and never thought anything about it (no symptoms). The size hasn't changed, and I DO intend to have the FNA biopsy, but my question is how many years can one go with a nodule that remains the same, no symptoms, and it be cancer? Also, can hypothyrodism cause enlarged growth of the thyroid because I've had cold hands/feet, and thinning hair for many years as well (at least 7 or 8+ years)??? My Mother had a goiter (no cancer) and she lived up to 80+ yrs old. I realize family history doesn't mean I wont have thyroid cancer, but just wanted to provide as much info as possible. I am EXtremely nervous and scared! My gynecologist has felt the nodule during routine annual exams, and he's never showed much concern because it's remained the same when he feels it. Has anyone had experience with nodules present for years where there was calcium and it NOT show cancer. Is calcium on the ultrasound a more probable diagnosis for cancer? If so, please share your experience?

THANKS MUCH!
Subject Author Views Posted

Thyroid problems - HELP!

chill200 584 March 17, 2012 09:19PM

Re: Thyroid problems - HELP!

AT 294 March 17, 2012 10:53PM

Sapphire 268 March 18, 2012 01:33AM

ron 198 March 18, 2012 03:24AM

Jan DeCourtney, CMT 239 March 18, 2012 04:48PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login