Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

googling symptoms-conclusions are drawn from this-by state!

April 25, 2019 10:43AM
[mentalfloss.com]

I don't know about you, but I live in the southwest. I have googled symptoms of many diseases- one relative in California has a form of leukemia that I had never heard of. I looked it up. His adult son in California used 'agoraphobia' in his email address. I googled it to learn more. The kid's mom had a questionable mammogram and a second and surgery and radiation. I googled a lot of those things.
Another relative is in New England. I googled lupus and another disease I can't remember how to spell to learn more about what she was dealing with.

I don't really think what state's people google what tells us about disease in that state. Every distant grandparent hits the internet when their descendent (and even distant step-grandchildren) get a diagnosis. It's about understanding, not about where you live.

Then, of course, there is younger generation disdain. I've got a son who rolls his eyes if I suggest googling something (he has preferred search engines)
Reminds me of a Doonesbury, years ago where Mike's daughter is embarrassed at computer camp when she's heading for the Linux cabin and he asked where the Windows cabin is.
Apparently, googling is showing our age.
tee-hee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 10:44AM by chimi.
Subject Author Views Posted

googling symptoms-conclusions are drawn from this-by state!

chimi 125 April 25, 2019 10:43AM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login