Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: what did you learn in school that you still remember??

May 17, 2019 10:21AM
lots of young people can't READ the cursive, when older people send them birthday cards. I think it is probably kind of calming to write in cursive. Of course, in college, they talked SO FAST, that my lecture notes were often unreadable-I started developing my own abbreviations, using math symbols, and, sometimes, foreign words, if shorter than the english ones., I also started printing more of my notes.

I think the changes in teaching of math have been bad-trying to make it more verba;. To me, math happens in a quiet place- the unconsious part of the brain) and, being taken away from language for a little space of time everyday helps develop that part of the brain. I also believe that, when you take a breK FROM LANGUAGE, IT CAN ALSO BE A BREAK FROM depression/noise/busyness.
I think math development helps the brain learn logic (not putting down instinct and other decision making methods- I just think we need to have ALL those things at our disposal).

I've gotten copies of the Declaration and Constitution at museum gift shops.
You can also probably find them at images.google.com

I wasn't great at cursive, but learned it.
Subject Author Views Posted

what did you learn in school that you still remember??

chimi 86 April 25, 2019 05:42PM

lyrics- What did you learn in school today?

chimi 36 April 25, 2019 05:46PM

video- Tom Paxton singing the song

chimi 31 April 25, 2019 05:48PM

video-Pete Segger singing the song

chimi 31 April 25, 2019 05:49PM

PhillyLady 23 May 16, 2019 09:01PM

chimi 28 May 17, 2019 10:21AM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login