Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

chocolate cake and icing -vegan

May 22, 2019 12:24PM
I haven't baked much in the last four years. Yesterday's b'day boy requested a cake, so came up with this-couple people asked for the recipe, so figured I'd post it here, as well:

been so long since I made a cake, I just made this up as we went along.

chocolate cake:

preheat oven to 375F

1/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup agave
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon rumsford baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
stir all this up into a smooth mixture
add two cups of whole wheat flour
stir in till smooth

add tiny bit of water if necessary- you want something closer to dough than batter (similar to brownies)

added a cup of sunspire grain sweetened chocolate chips at request, which necessitated a bit more water, as the chips made the dough stiffer.,

oil a 9x13 pan liberally

push dough into pan, spreading to sides.

bake at 375F 25-35 minutes.

Icing-

I usually use tahini in this, but didn't have any on hand, so used smooth almond butter

mix 1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup agave
stir till smooth
add 1 cup soy isolate protein powder*
add water, a little at a time, you will use a cup or more- the soy protein powder keeps absorbing water, so, take it slow and add water as needed

let sit while cake cools.

* any protein powder will do, if you don't like soy. rice protein is bland, but adds carbs.
Pea protein usually has a stronger taste, so you will want to increase the agave and vanilla to counter the strong taste.
Note, raw almond butter has a milder flavor than roasted, so will work better in recipe
Subject Author Views Posted

chocolate cake and icing -vegan

chimi 88 May 22, 2019 12:24PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login