Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New Version of Gmail?

April 16, 2012 10:12AM
Hi, I have several Gmail accounts and have been avoiding the new version for my main account because I just don't like it. But I just checked one I seldom use where I do have the new version, there was a message in Spam which I got to just by clicking that folder, and, when I ticked the email the menu came up above it and I could then click on 'delete forever' as in the old version and it was gone, it didn't then appear in the usual trash box. The commands don't appear though until you click on the email which is annoying although I suppose Google thinks it looks cleaner.

Incidentally I liked the old Gmail set up and used it a lot, but since my husband's Gmail account was hacked and lost earlier this year, along with several 100 emails, and his Panoramio and Google Earth account and access to all the photos he'd posted there, I now keep everything separate ie I have a Gmail account for emails, another for access to Picasa web albums and Panoramio/Google earth photos etc. As well as that I decided that most hackers won't bother with a foreign account so I set up some Hotmail and Yahoo accounts years ago with .fr and .gr addresses and now I have all mail in my Gmail accounts automatically forwarded to those, and to my computer's Safari account so that at least I won't lose existing emails if the worst happens. It's not too difficult to set them up and easy within Gmail to forward everything by going to Mail Settings, then Forward and POP/IMAP.

Have you found any of the displays within the new Gmail which are as pleasing to look at as the old one? I haven't!
Subject Author Views Posted

New Version of Gmail?

MJohnson 427 April 11, 2012 07:01PM

Helena 187 April 16, 2012 10:12AM

MJohnson 170 April 21, 2012 03:31PM

Helena 233 April 27, 2012 03:05PM

We're sorry, but you must register to post in this forum. This is the only way we can keep spammers out. You can remain totally anonymous, and we will keep your email address completely confidential.

Click here to login