Gazelle exercise machine, recommendation and testimonial for holistic approach

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by Jan DeCourtney, CMT [17426.9974] on November 09, 2011 at 10:40:18:

Hi everyone,

I found a used gazelle exercise machine at a garage sale for $15, and have really been enjoying using it. It is like an elliptical machine in that there is no stress on the knee joints. The movement is gentle enough so it's easy for people who have trouble with exercise (like me), but you can make it more vigorous and more aerobic (I saw youtube videos of big guys using it). It seems to gently loosen up all of the muscles in the arms, shoulders, back, hips and legs if you use it in differing ways. Also 15 - 20 minutes gets the blood circulating nicely.

I've been using the inversion table after using the gazelle, and the combination makes me feel fabulous.

I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else is working on eliminating the subtleties of chronic bracing.

Of course, also several years of dedicated SR, some visits to my chiropractor and rolfer, plus regular stretching, have all been parts of my getting this well. It does feel great to have my body feel so much in alignment and no one of the above approaches helped by itself. It has taken me in my slow gradual way about 5 years to accomplish this. And not a lot of money, but persistence.

Best wishes,
Jan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]