For Chiron Dave, bunion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by Jan DeCourtney, CMT [17426.9974] on November 11, 2011 at 08:53:59:

Hi Dave,

The saga continues. Sometimes the joint on my right foot aches a bit and it is definitely more stiff than the left one. It is the joint that would turn into a bunion.

It ached when I woke up yesterday. Eager to try to circumvent a bunion, yesterday I deeply massaged and manipulated the area and found all around the joint was sensitive. When I walked around after massaging it, that area was tender and I had to change my walking posture to keep it from hurting. This experience told me that the joint likely has a problem from the fact that over the years, that leg has been in an incorrect position (because my whole body has been askew), causing the foot to rotate laterally. I had to medially rotate the whole leg to be able to walk without feeling the post-massage soreness, and I wonder if that's the correct position for the leg.

Do you have any comments or ideas about this? Should I keep massaging and manipulating the joint and trying to walk with the right leg more medially rotated?

Thanks much,
Jan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]