Great Article on Hypothyroidism for those interested

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by leah [11358.9973] on November 13, 2011 at 07:25:18:

Hi all,

I hope you're not getting bored with me going on about thyroid disease but the more I learn the more I feel the need to share it with others.

I remain convinced that my dysphagia is an uncommon symptom of hypothyroidism but wanted some more definite comment by a medical pratitioner or endo consultant and I have now found it.

In the link notice the paragraph about uncommon symptoms - the first one mentioned is dysphagia! After all this time I have finally found a doc who recognises the symptom.

Now I think I must need a further increase as I had to throw up in a restaurant bathroom yesterday when the food got stuck in my oesophagus. The problem had got better when I increased the dose before but it keeps coming back so clearly I am not getting enough thyroxine. I am going to try a further increase to 150mcg and see how I go.

Thanks for all your input. I really do appreciate it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]