For Helena

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by leah [11358.9973] on November 29, 2011 at 12:41:11:

Hi Helena,

Not sure what is happening with the BB as I don't recall Jan saying she was switching to a new one.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I have just had a long conversation with Dr Skinner. I wrote to him over a month ago asking about the oesophagus problem and whether he has ever come across it before.

He said "Oh yes, in my experience it is more common than you might think although not much is written about it". I told him I was now increasing my dose without telling my GP (due to his obvious reluctance) and he did say I cannot do that indefinitely as there will come a time when I may get toxic (which of course I know). I simply want to get to my optimum dose. He also said when you increase the dose your thyroid gland shuts down a little more so you will only find your optimum dose when the gland has given up the ghost.

I congratulated him on the GMC Hearing and he said he is expecting more problems - this isnt the end of it.

He told me to take care but believe in my own body and let him know if there is anything he can do.

What a smashing man!

Just wanted to let you know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]