Re: Jan, can you please help with rotation diet?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by Jan DeCourtney, CMT [17426.9974] on November 29, 2011 at 22:23:45:

In Reply to: Jan, can you please help with rotation diet? posted by Rick [17665.9656] on November 29, 2011 at 18:13:00:

Hi Rick,

No problem.

If you know you can handle certain foods like sweet potatoes, canned english peas, and pinto beans -- sounds good. Eating what is safe for you sounds like a good thing to do!

Allowable grains, in Beth's book, is also a short list: amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa.

Did you know wild rice is also a seed, not a grain? That might work. What about something like chia seeds? Teff? Millet?

I don't think I'd try tapioca, but hey, start simple with the things you KNOW work for you. Then add other things one at a time and see which ones test out okay. Who knows, maybe tapioca will end up being fine.

Hmmm, no veggies? Do you mean no green veggies? Can you eat things like pumpkin or orange winter squash? Water chestnuts? Bamboo shoots? Daikon radishes?

How about split yellow mung beans? I like eating them a lot, they are not gassy like beans and they are easy to digest. Just plain with a little salt or butter is good. I steam them in my electric steamer, 1 cup YMB to 2 cups water, takes about 20 minutes, no soaking.

Let's see, what else might work. Oh, I make milk out of white sesame seeds and flax seeds -- what about tahini? Other nut butters? Macadamia nuts? Cashews?

If you have a good health food store, a big one like Whole Foods, just wander around and see what you can find. I have also done the same in Chinese Markets and Mediterranean markets, looking for different kinds of foods. It gives doing this kind of diet a big sense of adventure!

I'm not sure these are your answers, but I hope they have stimulated your thinking.

Best wishes,
Jan

Go to First Post in this Thread

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]