Re: psychiatry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by samm [1003.7683] on December 02, 2011 at 09:53:27:

In Reply to: psychiatry posted by Dan [10219.9791] on December 01, 2011 at 21:15:57:

most cures or treatments work better if you have an underlying belief in them. Short term therapy can be a life saver, but, if one spends many years with a single therapist and doesn't feel much improvement, one might consider alternatives, whether it is a change in diet and lifestyle (like reducing actual stress in one's life) or trying a different therapist or variety of therapy.

The thing about 3LS or my own salvation, macrobiotics, is that you don't have to give up your therapist to try them. You can start on macrobiotics, 3LS, an elimination diet, a diet free of gluten and/or dairy, a less stressful job, or any other positive change in your life while continuing to see your therapist or a new therapist.

It does not have to be an either/or proposition.

Now, if your therapist doesn't LIKE your taking a proactive approach to the other 23 hours of your day, that might not be the right therapist for you.

BTW, when I first tried macrobiotics, I had NO belief in it. It didn't seem logical or even healthy to me, but I was so physically ill that I tried it out of desparation. 5 days into it, I felt SO much better. In addition to great physical improvement, I lost my fear, anxiety, and sense of never having enough time to do things. After 5 days, I no longer thought macrobiotics was crazy or desparate-my body (which includes my brain) told me it made sense.

Go to First Post in this Thread

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]