Re: Strep Throat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by AT [16423.9982] on December 14, 2011 at 08:45:53:

In Reply to: Strep Throat posted by kam [4300.9988] on December 14, 2011 at 07:19:04:

This comment was made by Walt (from the archives on strep).
Hi, Joe.

A lot of this answer depends on how sick you are and how old you are. If you are over 40, with no previous history of rheumatic complications of beta strep group A infections,---
AND you are not acutely ill---I would take high doses of esterified vitamin C (at least 6 grams every 12 hours) and use very warm saline gargles as often as it feels good (1/4th teaspoon of salt per cup of water--the dilution ratio is VERY important).

If you are under 40, I would consider taking at least 800 units of penicilin V every 6 hours for 10 days AND at least 6 billion organisms per dose of acidophilus/bifidus 4 times a day till the PCN was gone for a week or so. The warm gargles will help in any case.

If you have any previous history of rheumatic complications, you need to follow your conventional doc's recommendations to the letter.

I am telling you what I would do.

Walt

Go to First Post in this Thread

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]