cleaning my humidifier

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]
[ ASK DR STOLL BB ] [ Glossary/Index ]
[ Symptoms and Diseases Quick Reference Guide ]
[ DR STOLL'S BOOK ] [ NEW BOARD ]
   Search this site!

Posted by Mike [16652.9518] on December 18, 2011 at 12:47:56:

I was reading a post from Dr. Stoll from like the late 90's in the archives talking about cleaning humidifiers. However, mine is actually a dual-cool/warm mist. It was giving me asthma problems earlier this Fall, so I stopped using it. However, it's just so incredibly dry and cold here in the northeast and my sinuses and allergies are wrecking hell on my body...literally.

Therefore, I decided I'm going to clean my humidifier as maybe there is mold and other garbage build up in it. I have cleaned it regularly in the past, but not sure if I'm getting all of the mineral deposits and other junk. I have the air-o-swiss one and it comes with something to clean the base with. However, what I would like to know is what to use to clean the actual tank. Can you use chlorox bleach for this mixed with water?

Thanks for any help.

-Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

NOTICE: you are making a public post! Anyone with internet access can read it! If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not enter your full correct name in the "Name" field below, and do not enter your email address.

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional Link URL:  
Link Title:         
Optional Image URL: 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ASK DR STOLL BB ]
[ FAQ ] [ Glossary/Index ] [ DR STOLL'S BOOK ]
[ NEW BOARD ]